Beer #74: You is Fine - You is Important! O'Conner's El Guapo IPA

 


Name: El Guapo
Type: Agave IPA
Brewer: O'Conner Brewing
Location: Virginia
ABV:7.5%
Grade: B
From the Brewer: El Guapo, translated “the handsome one,” is our most popular flagship beer. El Guapo is our West Coast Style Agave IPA that is brewed with 100% Organic Agave imported from Mexico. This medium-bodied IPA has the classic "C-Hops" Varieties such as Centennial, Cascade, Chinook and CTZ that give this beer a citrus nose, notes of sweetness from the agave , and finishing with a smooth but strong balance of bitterness.

My Thoughts: I'm honestly not sure what to say about this one. I couldn't find a best by date on the bottle. But it had a lot of....something floating around in the liquid. So I couldn't drink several of the bottles. It's flavor was good. And I don't mind a hazy beer. But when it's a weird color I kind of get freaked out. In all fairness maybe the beer was old. And it did still taste good. On that basis I will give it a B.



Comments