Beer #67: Mama Said Knock You Out! Flying Dog Super Hook






Name: Super Hook
Type: High Octane Fruit Punch
Brewer: Flying Dog
Location: Maryland
ABV:10%
Grade: F
What Makes it Unique: A good boxer beats you with his footwork. The rhythm of his feet lulls you to sleep so you never see the hook coming. But when it connects, it's usually a knockout. Now entering the ring - Super Hook. This imperial version of our fruit punch sour is a big hitter that starts off sweet, then jolts you with a righteous hook. Just don't be surprised if you wake up on the mat.

My Thoughts: I so, so wanted to love this. After all I am a sour and a fruit punch fan too. But this. Holy cow, it tastes like cough syrup. I think the real issue comes in with the high gravity. It's impossible not to taste the alcohol in it. Which makes it taste like cough syrup. This is going to sound strange come from me, but it might be better if they would tone down the alcohol a little bit. I won't be drinking this one again.


Comments