Beer #5: Back to Basics (Calfkiller's Grassroots)

I realized up to this point I have not featured a beer local to my area.  Yes I did one for Nashville, but I live in a small town.  Which happens to have 2 breweries!  This is one of my favorite beers.  It's grassroots!









Name: Grassroots
Brewery: Calfkiller Brewing Company
Location: Sparta, TN
Type: Pale Ale
What Makes it Unique: It's a pale ale brewed with a house yeast strain.  This adds citrus overtones.
Alcohol Content: 5.7%
Final Grade:  S (Original Ranking: A+)


Calfkiller brewing has the unique distinction of being the first of the two breweries the town has.  They offer many different types of beers.  While not having a taproom, they do have their beer in many restaurants here and the surrounding towns. 

What about the beer itself though?  Well if you are an IPA fan or a Pale Ale one you will love it.  A warning that it is very hoppy.  But if you like your beer bitter with fruit notes you will love this bad dude.  I highly, highly recommend it.   

Comments